Wednesday 5 March 2008

Youf Text

I have quoted my pet hates but I want to add one more. Youf text language.

Surely it takes more effort to work out how to write this and for the recipient to decode then it would writing it correctly? Call me old I don’t care (although I secretly do) but I don’t get it.

When did it all start – I was one of the first people to own what became known as the ‘Nokia brick’ at the ripe age of 14. Fine we didn’t have text back then but how did this manifest? Are we so busy we need to abbreviate everything? Will this snow ball into a new way of talking in 5 years? One thing to note, it’s not going to go away so I have found a solution – a decoder!

Check out http://lingo2word.com/translate.php

Type in either what you want to say in lingo OR the lingo itself and it will translate for you. Bingo!

So:

Yo dude - can't wait to see you, it's been ages and I have so much to tell you

Translates to:

yo dude - cnt w8 2C u, it's bn ages +I av so mch 2 tel u

Still have one final thing to say:

OMG wrt proply

No comments: